Senior year of high school can get pretty stressful -- and it doesn't help that it's nearly impossible to escape the throttle of questions that are hurled your way on a daily basis. Whether it's your parents, your guidance counselor or the mailman, not only can these questions seem repetitive and intrusive, but they can actually make you feel even more anxious than you already were.
We've rounded up the top 10 most annoying, make-it-stop, squirm-worthy questions high school seniors are asked. So please, feel free to print this out and (politely) distribute it to your loved ones -- and be sure to thank them in advance.
1. "Are you excited to graduate?"
When I have an AP calc test/senior thesis project/scholarship app due all on Friday morning, the answer is yes. When I'm drowning my feelings in pancakes with my best friends at iHOP later that night and we're blasting "Midnight Memories" during the car ride home, it's no. It's kind of like a Taylor Swift song, now that you mention it. It's miserable. And magical. At the same time.
当我被烦人的考试和作业逼疯的时候，我很高兴我快毕业了。当我和同学们一起吃饭聊天各种 High 的时候，我对于毕业这件事有点难过。就像霉霉的那首歌唱的一样，这件事让我既感到痛苦又感到兴奋。
2. "Where are you going to college?"
Your guess is as good as mine. Also, want to help me write the five supplement essays I haven't started yet? No? Cool.
3. "Oh, you're applying to [insert school]? Do you know my [insert neighbor/dentist's daughter/third cousin] went there?"
3. “噢，你打算报 XXX 学校？你知道我的 [邻居/牙医的女儿/三侄子] 也在那儿读书吗？”
No, I did not. But that's great.
4. "All ready for the SATs?"
No, actually, but now that you mention it, YOU'VE GOT ME ALL STRESSED OUT AND I JUST CAN'T DEAL WITH THIS PRESSURE RIGHT NOW.
其实还没准备好，不过你现在问起... 让我变得非常紧张啊！！！这种紧张我 HOLD 不住啊！！！
5. "How does it feel to finally be a senior?"
How does it feel to be a person with 10 fingers and 10 toes?
6. "Are you and [current boyfriend/girlfriend] going to try and make it work?"
This is awkward. Next question, please.
7. "Do you know what you want to study next year?"
You mean the Evolution of One Direction's Hair isn't an option? Ummm... I think marine biology. With a minor in French. Maybe I'll study abroad in France. No, wait -- I want to major in comparative literature. Or poli sci. I don't know. Ask me tomorrow.
8. "Do you want to talk to [insert complete stranger]? They loved it at [insert college]."
8. 你想跟 XXX（陌生人名）聊一聊吗？他也是在 XXX（大学名）读的大学。”
Nope. All good.
And finally... "You must be so stressed out. Want to go grab a caffeinated sugary holiday drink with whipped cream and not talk about school?"
I love you.