Directions: This section is designed to test your ability to understand spoken English. You will hear a selection of recorded materials and you must answer the questions that accompany them. There are two parts in this section, Part A and Part B. Remember, while you are doing the test, you should first put down your answers in your test booklet. At the end of the listening comprehension section, you will have 3 minutes to transfer your answers from your test booklet onto your ANSWER SHEET I. If you have any questions, you may raise your hand NOW as you will not be allowed to speak once the test has started. Now look at Part A in your test booklet. Part A You will hear 10 short dialogues. For each dialogue, there is one question and four possible answers. Choose the correct answer-A, B, C or D, and mark it in your test booklet. You will have 15seconds to answer the question and you will hear each dialogue ONLY ONCE. Example: You will hear: W: Could you please tell me if the Beijing flight will be arriving on time? M:Yes, Madam. It should about ten minutes. You will read: Who do you think the woman is talking to? A. A bus conductor. B.A clerk at the airport. C. A taxi driver. D.A clerk at the station. From the dialogue, we know that only a clerk at the airport is most likely to know the arrival time of a flight, so you should choose answerB . and mark it in your test booklet. Sample Answer: A. B. C.D. Now look at question 1.
1. What does the woman say about the book? A. She thinks it' s too difficult. B. She thinks it ' s very interesting. C. She hasn't quite decided what she thinks. D. She hasn' t actually read it yet.
2. What does the woman mean? A. She has totaled up the figures correctly already. B. She hopes the man will do the calculations as soon as possible. C. Tomorrow will be submit the figures. D. They should finish the calculations tomorrow.
3. What does the woman say about Tom? A. He got off the bus at the wrong stop. B. He has a good reason to be angry. C. He isn't careful with his belongings. D. He doesn't have an extra umbrella.
4. What does the professor mean? A. She has another meeting all day. B . She feels the grade is all right. C . She thinks it would be wrong to change the grade. D. She can meet with the student that afternoon.
5. What does the woman suggest the man to do? A. Finish the first half of the project right away. B. Make an effort to reach a compromise. C . Have the teacher review the project. D. Meet his partner in the middle of the town.
6. Where will the man probably go? A. To a real estate agency.B. To a car rental agency. C. To a computer store.D. To a videocassette store.
7. What mean? A. They always aGREed on the same points. B. They both arrived at the same moment. C. He met with Amanda five more times. D. He took Amanda to both plays.
8. What mean? A. Paul will go out of his way to help. B. Paul passes by the dry cleaner's anyway. C. Paul picks out the right clothes. D. Paul makes himself right at home.
9. What did the man do? A. Ate all the food.B. Cleaned the kitchen. C . Fixed the refrigerator.D . Left the groceries out.
10. What does the woman imply that Katherine should be doing? A. Studying microbiology for a year.B. Teaching biology. C. Taking a nap.D. Taking a different course.