Section I Listening Comprehension(25 minutes) Directions: This section is designed to test your ability to understand spoken English. You will hear a selection of recorded materials and you must answer the questions that accompany them. There are two parts in this section, Part A and Part B. Remember, while you are doing the test, you should first put down your answers in your test booklet. At the end of the listening comprehension section, you will have 3 minutes to transfer your answers from your test booklet onto your ANSWER SHEET I. If you have any questions, you may raise your hand NOW as you will not be allowed the test has started. Now look at Part A in your test booklet.
Part A You will hear 10 short dialogues. For each dialogue, there is one question and four possible answers. Choose the correct answer-A, B, C or D, and mark it in your test booklet. You will have 15seconds to answer the question and you will hear each dialogue ONLY ONCE. Example: You will hear: W: Could you please tell me if the Beijing flight will be arriving on time? M:Yes, Madam. It should be arriving in about ten minutes. You will read: Who do you think the woman is talking to? A. A bus conductor. B.A clerk at the airport. C. A taxi driver. D.A clerk at the station. From the dialogue, we know that only a clerk at the airport is most likely to know the arrival time of a flight, so you should choose answer B . and mark it in your test booklet. Sample Answer: A.B.C.D. Now look at question 1.
1. What does the woman think of the swimming lessons? A . They are too expensive. B . They are very rewarding. C. They are too easy.D. They are given by a strict teacher.
2. What does the woman mean? A. Her mother would like some pies.B. Her mother made better pies. C. This is a very good pie. D. This is too much for a pie.
3. What does the man mean? A. He has a friend in hotel management. B. He hasn' t taken more than one hotel management course. C. He's been learning a lot this year, too. D. He couldn' t make any sense out of this course.
4. What does the man mean? A. He's afraid to work at night. B. He's afraid the work will be really hard. C. He doesn' t want to work tomorrow night. D. He can't find the way to get rid of the work.
5. What will the man do for the woman? A . Bring her some water. B . Buy her some plants. C . Water her plants while she is away. D. Water her plants while he is on vacation.
6. How much will the man have to pay if he buys two pens? A.15 cents.B. 20 cents. C. 30 cents.D. 40 cents.
7. How much time did she have between her meeting? A. 6 hours. B. 10 hours. C.4 hours. D.l hour.
8. When did the woman buy the dress? A. Shortly after the New Year' s Day. B. In the spring. C.During the New Year's holidays.D. During a sale.
9. What is relationship between the two speakers? A . Waitress－customer.B . Hostess－guest. C. Wife－husband. D. Mother－son.
10. What problem did she mention? A.They had too much stress. B. They had nothing to do in their spare time, C. They were worried about their meals. D. The pace was terrible.