Section I Listening Comprehension(12.5 points) Directions: This section is designed to test your ability to understand spoken English. You will hear a selection of recorded materials and you must answer the questions that accompany them. There are TWO parts in this section, Part A and Part B. Remember, while you are doing the test, you should first put down your answers n your test booklet. At the end of the listening comprehension section, you will have 3 minutes to transfer your answers from your test booklet onto ANSWER SHEET 1. If you have any questions, you may raise your hand NOW as you will not be allowed to speak once the test has started. Now look at Part A in your test booklet.
You will hear 10 short dialogues. For each dialogue, there is one possible answers. Choose the correct answer----A, B, C or D, and mark it in your test booklet. You will have 15 seconds to answer the question and you will hear each dialogue ONLY ONCE. Example: You will hear: W: Could you please tell me if the Beijing flight will be arriving on time? M: Yes, Madam. It should be arriving in about ten minutes. You will read: Who do you think the woman is talking to? A. A bus conductor. B. A clerk at the airport. C. A taxi driver. D A clerk at the station.
From the dialogue, we know that only a clerk at the airport is most likely to know the arrival time of a flight, so you should choose answer B and mark it in your test booklet. Sample answer: A B C D Now look at Question1.
1. What does the woman suggest the man do? A. Get a good night’s sleep so he’ll feel better. B. Take the exam once more. C. Go out to see a movie. D. Stay in a cinema for a night.
2. What does the woman mean? A. She needs a new raincoat or umbrella. B. It will probably rain tomorrow. C. She doesn’t know what the weather will be like tomorrow. D. She doesn’t know where the man put his raincoat or umbrella.
3. What does the man imply? A. He already took a picture of the flowers. B. He doesn’t know how to use the camera. C. He doesn’t think the flowers are beautiful. D. He does not have any more film left.
4. What will the man and woman probably do? A. They are milk for lunch. B. They will probably quarrel because they are both angry. C. They are going to breakfast soon. D. They are going to lunch soon.
5. What does the woman suggest the man do? A. Go to the library. B. Get some exercise. C. Go to see a film. D. Do homework in school.
6. What does the woman want to know? A. Where John will meet her. B. What the topic of the meeting is. C. What John is wearing. D. Where the meeting is being held.
7. What does the woman imply? A. She didn’t clean the dorm. B. Her dorm is messy. C. She will help the man clean his dorm. D. She cleaned the library.
8. What does the woman mean? A. Jack is likely to help. B. Jack doesn’t know a lot about the problem. C. The man has already asked Jack for help. D. Jack was the last one who could solve the problem.
9. What does the man mean? A. It will snow much later in the week. B. It will probably snow. C. She needs to listen to the weather forecast. D. The weather forecasters always make mistakes.
10. Where is this probably taking place? A. In the laundry. B. In the tailor’s. C. In the department store. D. At home.