Test One SectionⅠListening Comprehension (25 minutes) Directions: This section is designed to test your ability to understand spoken English. You will hear a selection of recorded materials and you must answer the questions that accompany them.
There are two parts in this section, Part A and Part B. Remember, while test, you should first put down your answers in your test booklet.
At the end of the listening comprehension section, you will have 3 minutes to transfer your answers
from your test booklet onto your ANSWER SHEET 1. If you have any questions, you may raise your hand. Now as you will not be allowed to speak once the test is started. Now look at Part A in your test booklet.
1. Where is the woman from? A.Sweden B.Italy C.Sylvia D.Wales
2. Which one does the woman want to buy? A.better quality, expensive one B.cheaper one in this shop C.cheaper one in another shop D.better quality in this shop
3. Why is he going to talk to the lady over there? A.Because he wants to know the time. B.Because he wants to thank her. C.Because his watch was lost. D.Because the lady over there is waiting for him.
4. According to the dialogue, what kind of shirt is more expensive? A.those made of wool B.those made of nylon C.those made of cotton D.those made of silk
5. How does the woman the conversation? A.angry B.relieved C.upset D.sarcastic
6. What does the man mean? A.The proofreading was better this time. B.It will be an interesting job. C.There will be more proofreading to do soon. D.The job should be done as quickly as possible.
7. What does the woman say about Mary? A.She s always running. B.She s still in the race. C.She feels very comfortable. D.She still has a fever.
8. What does Linda mean? A.At last she enjoys campus life. B.School has changed little since last year. C.She has many new friends. D.It s easier to find his way around this year.
9. What does the man mean? A.Bill is too tired to study any more. B.He told Bill not to study late at night. C.He had often advised Bill to study. D.Bill didn t hear the alarm.
10. What does the woman mean? A.She feels that the trip will take too long. B.The students haven t chosen a professor. C.Professor Goldsmith destination first. D.It s not certain the trip will take place.