Part A You will hear a passage about vegetable growing. Listen and complete the sentences in questions 1～5 with the information you have heard. Write not more three words for each answer. You will hear the recording twice. 1. By growing vegetables which live in cool climate in the hot places, they will grow faster and . 2. What the engineers used is simply. 3. They placed pipes in the soil and cold water flowing through them cools . 4. What is especially appealing about this process is that nothing damaging to is being used. 5. Another innovative use for cold ocean water is . Part B You will hear a passage. Answer questions 6～10 while you listen. Write as simply as possible for each answer. You will hear the recording twice. You now have 25 seconds to read each questions. 6.As a result of rising university costs, what are many students finding it necessary to do ? 7. For some students, what could these part _ time jobs lead to? 8. What kind of part _ time job requires the least time? 9. To ask for information, what should the students bring? 10. Who ll give hints to successful interviewing? Part C You will three dialogues or passages. Before listening to each one, you will have time to read the questions related to it. While listening, answer each question by choosing A, B,C or D. After listening, you will have time to read your answer.You will hear piece only once. Section I Part A 1. taste better 2. cold sea water 3. the earth 4.the natural environment 5. to cool buildings Part B 6. To take on part _ time jobs 7. Full time work after graduation 8. Child care 9. A resume10. Our counselors
Questions 11～13 are based on the following passage. You now have 15 seconds to read questions 11～13.
11. How did the friend get into the flat? A.Through the kitchen window. B.Through the living _ room window. C.The door was not locked. D.The the key.
12. Why did the speaker ask his friend to help himself to food and drink? A.The friend was very hungry. B.There were eggs and chicken in the refrigerator. C.He would come home late. D.The friend was very good at cooking.
13. Why was the speaker astonished? A.The friend was expecting to stay with him. B.There was no key under the door _ mat. C.The friend had a wonderful meal in his absence. D.The friend got into the neighbor s flat.
Questions 14～16 are based on the following passage You now have 15 seconds to read the questions 14～16.
14. How far is the earth away from the sun? A.93 million miles. B.193 million miles. C.930 million miles. D.93 billion miles.
15. What on the sun? A.Not clear. B.10,000 degrees Fahrenheit. C.10,000 degrees Centigrade. D.Over 2,000 degrees Fahrenheit.
16. Which of the following is true according to the passage? A.The sun s light comes from millions of candles. B.Most of the sun s heat and light are received on the earth. C.The temperature of the sun is the same as that of the earth. D.Without the correct balance of heat and light, life on the earth would not be possible.
Questions 17～20 are based on the following passage. You now have 20 seconds to read the questions 17～20.
17. What was the woman doing when the policeman found her? A.She was lying near a lonely road. B.She was driving along a lonely road. C.She was ill seriously. D.She was having a terrible accident.
18. According to the woman s account, what happened to her? A.She was attacked by robbers. B.She escaped from her family. C.She survived traffic accident. D.She was forced to enter a flying saucer.
19. Which of the following statements is true? A.The woman was intended to leave her husband without telling him. B.The woman had met some creatures from outer space. C.The woman and the creatures couldn t understand each other. D.The creatures could read and speak English.
20. What is the title of the passage? A.An astonishing story about husband and wife. B.An astonishing story a flying saucer. C.Flying saucer. D.An astonishing story about a policeman and a woman.