Directions: This section is designed to test your ability to understand spoken English. You will hear a materials and you must answer the questions that accompany them. There are two parts in this section, Part A and Part B. Remember, while you are doing the test, you should first put down your answers in your test booklet. At the end of the listening comprehension section, you will have 3 minutes to transfer your answers from your test booklet onto your ANSWER SHEET I. If you have any questions, you may raise your hand NOW as you will not be allowed to speak once the test has started. Now look at Part A in your test booklet. Part A You will hear 10 short dialogues. For each dialogue, there is one question and four possible answers. Choose the correct answer-A, B, C or D, and mark it in your test booklet. You will have 15seconds to answer the question and you will hear each dialogue ONLY ONCE. Example: You will hear: W: Could you please tell me if the Beijing flight will be arriving on time? M:Yes, Madam. It should be arriving in about ten minutes. You will read: Who do you think the woman is talking to? A. A bus conductor. B.A clerk at the airport. C. A taxi driver. D.A clerk at the station. From the dialogue, we know that only a clerk at the airport is most likely to know the arrival time of a flight, so you should choose answer B. and mark it in your test booklet. Sample Answer: A. B. C. D. Now look at question 1.
1. What does the woman mean? A. She invites the man weekend. B. She asks the man to help her with the gardening. C. She is not free today. D. She agrees to meet the man next Saturday.
2. What will the man do? A. Join his friends. B. Play a card game. C. Catch up with others. D. Do more studying.
3. Where did this conversation most probably take place? A. At the bookstore. B. At a department store. C. At a club. D. At a school.
4. How much will the man pay for two tickets? A. $8. B. $24. C. $18. D. $36.
5. What do they decide to do? A. The man will bring some food back for dinner. B. They will go to their friend ' s home for supper. C. The woman will fill the refrigerator before supper. D. They will eat out for dinner.
6. How does the woman feel at the end of the conversation? A. Angry. B. Relieved. C. Upset. D. Sarcastic.
7. What is the man going to do this morning? A. Paint the bookshelf. B. Fix the table. C. Wash the car. D. Go to the beach.
8. How many students were absent from the test? A. 15. B. 20. C. 25. D. 30.
9. What do we learn from the conversation? A. The man needs three weeks to do something before leaving for Europe. B. Something prevents the man from going to Europe. C. The woman is leaving for Europe in just three weeks. D. The man is excited about his trip to Europe.
10. What do we learn from this conversation? A. The man is giving a party. B. The woman is staying at home. C. The man is going volume. . D. The woman is invited to join the man.