I have always found country life most __1_.The city ,a place _2__ business is only to _3__;it is not an an ideal place for permanent residence.People may say that the city can provide you with the best __4_ life can offer.
Your friends are always _5__ for an informal chat or an evening's entertainment.The _6__ exhinitions,films or plays are always within easy reach.Shopping ,too,is always a pleasure.But what _7__ the hustle and bustle of city like? The city dweller never has a moment __8_peace;he is always__9_.And what about the noise and pollution of the city? Day and night the city is in uproar with its unceasing traffic.The air is polluted _10__ prisonous gases emitted by the smokestacks of factories.The water supply is tained with impurities that are harmful to the human body.The city is indeed not a place to live in.
Country life is in many respects superior __11_ city life.For one thing , the people there are friendly.People are acquainted with one __12_.You can never _13__ receive a friendly nod or a kind word from anyone you _14__ meet.In the city people who live in the same _15__ are often strangers to one another.The air in the country is fresh and pure.Air pollution is a thing _16__ of there.You the open air.Life goes on in a _17__ way and you don't have to hurry to catch _18__ bus or travel in a crowed bus with people _19__ like sardines.Gardening and fishing will be pleasant pasttimes.Reading a book _20__ the warm fireside will be another pleasant pastime on a cold winter night.Life in the country is indeed simple and pleasant.
1) A enjoyable B exciting C experienced D unpleasant
2) A in B on C out of D for
3) A be visiting B be visited C visit D visited
4) A where B when C what D who
5) A wanted B wanting C available D enjoyable
6) A latest B kindest C richest D poorest
7) A of B about C if D should
8) A for B even C once D often
9) A in a moment B at the moment C in a hurry D in a line
10) A in B with C of D within
11) A than B to C over D for
12) A another B other C what else D the others
13) A expected to B want to C fail to D plan to
14) A long to B be glad to C want to D chance to
15) A apartment B school C room D city
16) A hearing B unhearing C heard D unheard
17) A leisurely B easily C conveniently D effectively
18) A a B the C / D no
19) A fighting B fighted C packing D packed
20) A behind B by C in D on