1. ----- will you be able to finish the job this week?
----- ___________ , but I m not skilled enough, you know.
A.I can t say so B.I expect soC. I m sure soD. I don t know so
2. We arrived at the station _______ late, or we the bus.
A. too much; would catchB. a little too; had caught
C. much too; would have caughtD. too much; would have caught
3. Is it the watch you want ________?
A. to have it repaired B. to repair it
C. to have repaired D. to have repaired it
4. The two thieves fled the town separately, _______ a bag.
A. each carrying B. whose that watch is C. whose watch is that D. whose watch is
5. The little boy can t tell ________.
A. whose is that watch B. whose that watch is
C. whose watch is that D. whose watch is
6. If a baby bird stays _______ for two or three weeks after leaving the nest, it has a fair chance of BEComing an adult.
A. living B. lively C. alive D. live
7. We will not attack ______ we are attacked; if attacked,we will certainly counter-attack.
A. ifB. when C. unless D.&
8. You can take ______ seat you like.
A. no matter what B. no matter which C. what D. whichever
9. I ______ to speak to you all these days.
A. wanted B. have wanted C. shall wantD. shall be wanting
10.A burning cigarette he wastepaper basket ______ fire to the hotel.
A. made B. set C. caused D. caught
11."Do you hear someone knocking at the door?"
"Yes, I did. I heard him ______ three times."
A. knocking B. knocked C. being knocking D. knock
12.Peter, John and Tom each ______.
A. say they came first B. says they came came first D. say came first
13.Through long power lines electricity goes ______.
A. to the place needed B. there it is needed C. where it is needed D. which it is needed
14. ______from the apple tree.
A. It down fellB. there it is needed C. Down fell itD. Fell it down
15.The service in is very poor; there are not enough waiters to wait ______ customers.
A. on B. for C. with D. to