The Central Problem of Economics
The central problem of economics is to satisfy the people’s and nation’s wants.
The problem we faced with is that our resources,here identified as money are _1__.
The only way we can is to _2__ choices.After looking at our resources,we must examine our list of _3__ and identify the things we need immediately , _4_ we can postpone,and those we cannot afford.As individuals,we face the central problem involved in economics---decideing how to allocate our limited resources to _5__ ourselves with greatest satisfaction of our wants.
Nations face __6_ problem. As a country’s population_7__, the need for more goods and services grows correspondingly. Resources necessary to production may increase,but there _8__ are enough resources to satisfy the total desires of a nation.Whether the budget meeting is _9__ in the family living room,in the conference room of the corporation __10_ of directors,or in the chamber of the House of Representatives in Washington,the basic problem still exists.We need to find _11__ of allocating limited resources in order to satisfy unlimited wants.
A short time ago,economists _12__ goods into two categories,free and economic.The former.,like air and water,were in _13__ abundance that economists had no concern for them.After all,economists is the _14__ of scarcity and what to do about it.Today many of these "free goods" are _15__ very expensive to use.Population has made clean air and water _16__ for producers who have to filter their waste products,for consumers who ultimately _17__ the producer’s extra cost,and _18__ taxpayers who pay for the government’s involvement _19__ the environment.
In the 1990s,almost all goods are scares.Only by effort and money_20__ obtained in the from people wish.
1) A abundant B scarce C limited D unlimited
2) A have B do C make D ask
3) A want B resources C want D problem
4) A some B others C that D those
5) A bring B provide C take D satisfy
6) A another B the same C the other D a same
7) A growing B grown C grows D grow
8) A sometimes B always C often D never
9) A taking place B happening C replacing D taking the place
10) A board B group C management D function
11) A means B approach C ways D method
12) A seperate B divide C cut D divided
13) A a so B great C such D such an
14) A study B form C means D source
15) A particularly B in practice C pracitally D in reality
16) A cheaper B more expensive C expensive D cheap
17) A pay for Bwill pay for C use D will use
18) A the B with C for D also
19) A cleaning B in cleaning C about cleaning D clean
20) A they can be B they must be C must they be D can they be
参考答案：CCADB BCDAA CDCAD BACBD