Part I Listening Comprehension (15 minutes.Directions: This part is to test your listening ability. It consists of 3 sections.
Directions: This section is to test your ability to understand short dialogues. There are 5 recorde d dialogues in it.After each dialogue, there is a recorded question.Both the dialogues and questions will be spoken only once. When you hear a question, you correct answer f rom the 4 choices marked A., B., C. and D. given in your test paper. Then you should mark on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
1. A. Reading a novel. B. Mailing a parcel. C. Writing a book. D. Typing a letter.
2. A. She doesnt travel much. B. She doesnt have the money. C. She doesnt like Kunming. D. She doesnt want to go with the man.
3. A. The woman has bought a lot of things for Mary. B.The woman has bought a few things for herself. C. The woman has bought a few things for the man. D. The woman has bought nothing for Mary.
4. A. She doesnt want a reply. B. Shell send a reply by mail. C. She prefers the man to reply by phone. D. She doesnt know the mans phone number.
5. A. Fix his own computer. B. Have a three-day holiday. C. Visit day. D. Repair the womans computer.
Directions: This section is to test your ability to understand short conversations. There are 2 recorded conversations in it. After each conversation, there are some recorded questions. Both the conversations and questions will be spoken two times. When you hear a question, you correct answer from the 4 choices marked A., B., C. and D. given in your test paper. Then you should mark on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
6. A. Downstairs. B. Upstairs. C. Across the bus stop. D. Right behind the woman.
7. A. Every ten minutes. B. Every half hour. C. Every hour. D. Every other hour.
8. A. Marketing. B. Finance. C. Production. D. Human Resources.
9. A. Taking long business trips. B. Having work experience. C. Working on weekends. D. Living in the companys dormitory.
10. A. Half an hour. B. One hour. C. One hour and a half. D. Two hours.